The pop-up can be displayed not only by clicking the button but also by using the scoring system.
When a person visits your website, performs actions as predefined in the CallPage scoring system, the visitor receives a certain number of points.
When the website visitor scores a sufficient number of points, the system recognizes him as a potential customer and displays the CallPage pop-up.
Sounds exciting, right?
Let’s go through the basic setting up of scoring rules:
1. Go to the Widgets tab:
2. Click Edit widget settings:
3. Click the Engagement subtab:
4. You can see the score value. When the user reaches the value, the pop-up triggers. You can choose this value individually for all your widgets:
5. You can also select whether the pop-up window should be displayed only once or several times in a single session:
6. In this article, we will discuss 3 basic scoring rules:
The user tries to leave the website [exit-intent]
A person who is visiting your website receives points when he/she tries to leave the website.
User has visited the website before [old-user]
Scoring system assigns points if the website visitor has already visited your website in the past.
Scroll offset [scroll-to]
Scoring system assigns points for scrolling through the website.
Points can be assigned according to:
a) Pixel value, e.g. 500px
b) Website height percentage, e.g. 70%
c) DOM element. It should be given as a jQuery-style selector https://api.jquery.com/category/selectors/ e.g. body, #my-selector, .my-class:first, etc.
7. To edit scoring rule click here:
8. You can change the score weight here:
9. You can also set up a pop-up title for all visitors with a trigger from this particular scoring rule:
Here’s how it looks like in the pop up window:
Remember that the scoring rules are designed in a manner to limit the display of a pop-up window on a website, so as not to attack the user with it, as this may discourage them. Therefore, a rule that has been implemented once for a given user will not be applied for that user again.